- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 350 g Bacon (Cut into small pieces)
- 225 ml Cream
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 75 g Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes until cooked.
- Beat the cream and egg yolks together and add to the bacon with crushed garlic. Mix well and warm through over a LOW HEAT. Don’t increase the heat because if it’s too high the egg will begin to scramble.
- Gently stir the Parmesan cheese into the sauce and season well.
- Serve immediately stirred into freshly cooked pasta.
- Garnish with plenty of chopped chives and coarsely ground black pepper.
- Add 3 Tbs mascarpone to the carbonara sauce for a real Italian flavour.
- For meatier dish, gently fry some bite-sized pieces of chicken and a crushed clove of garlic in a little oil until golden and cooked through. Add to the carbonara, stir through some chopped fresh tarragon and serve.
Follow us on Social Media!